Friday, February 25, 2005

a dialogue of rebellion

sort of been in "Shins" mode all week, so this one is for B. Maj- the man on the 2 train that saw "a leaf" : ) thanx mister.

i will not compete with your Loneliness
as it inches further down the resilient
Branch.
dangling on a haphazard
Thread of indifference.
Captured in the admiration
of unyeilding Wind-
that twists and turns upon the Fascination
of a vain and transparent Season-
Recognition in innumerable
Heaps of Colour
endless patterns of Nature's civility-
No one will notice your unbending position-
Your final Dance
perilous circles in Space-
playing so fiercely
against the inevitable Chill.
Swept along the brittle
deadened piles
that bluster without Cause
and slowly settle into Anonymity.
Lost in the aromatic pain
f yellow airs
unknown-
to but you and I.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mon amie, I was wondering where your blog had gone! It's been busy as ever here, cooking for Shabbaton, and we still have the programme to prepare, so I'll love ya and leave ya, but I hope you had a good week, we have to talk sometime - J'en ai beaucoup de racontre... Aussi, j'espere que tout va bien avec l'homme avec le chapeau noir... le plus beux... :)
Take care of yourself hon...

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HayLiK, I love you. It hurts me that you're hurting. If I had your talent I would write a poem expressing this, but I'll leave the poetry to you. I'm here for you, hon, anytime. Call me.
No worries, Darl (can't you hear Ella saying that?), it's platonic. HUUUGGSSSS...

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home