Tuesday, May 31, 2005

This is the problem with blogs:
1. you have to avoid being to risque because you can never predict when Mrs. Korf will take up websurfing as a means to spread her message to the world (as if.)
2. you have to avoid being to graphic because you never know when some bored dormitory of boys will appreciate your crassness (uh hu.)
3. you have to avoid becoming to personal diary like- cuz no one is interested in reading if you ate breakfast today or the fact that your new 4 inch heels gave you blisters (hmm...)
4. you have to avoid being to audience-oriented... it's supposed to be original like you're indifferent to the fact that you have no idea who the hell is reading what you write.... (right. convince yourself.)
That was for you, Rico, love...

So what are you left with? I am wondering... being that my life is often Bridget Jones meets periodics librarian (basically an extremely boring book worm/academic-a-holic drama queen) it gets a bit complicated. Last night at 4am i decided to watch Phantom of the Opera, I am not sure why i did that. I desperately needed the sleep, and I desperately needed to have some serious self-downtime. I love the music, I have have and always will. Ever since Rose and I saw it on Broadway. Anyone have the score? Or must I download it from some illegal website (from some unfortunate immigrant sitting in a drippy basement in Chinatown trying to make money to buy popsicle sticks to mail home so that his mother can build a raft for her two extra daughters and ship them out of China?) guess I'll just have to.... (lord major ramble mode- that was a run-on fahhhshizz).

In addition to this enlightening subject I hate doctors. Now, I don't hate all doctors (I myself will be one in 7 years time) uh oh getting into personal territory... next.

So what books am I reading? A very bad anthology of poetry from Barnes and Noble, no wonder it was $4.95 it has a terribly poor selection. Finally got some new fiction to read like In the Midnight Garden of Good and Evil etc. ...also reading, last month's Reader's Digest (what happened to that mag it used to be so nice to read), last month's National Geographic and an article my Dad clipped me out about BC and its political professors. (HAHA anthropology/evolution discussion return).

Right, so should i bring up some very intellecutal observation about something?? Like if abortion is good, or if we should promote the death-penalty, or be into stem cell research, or do a portrait on female sexuality, or investigate if my mom's new crumpet recipe is truly as low-fat as she says.... How about... the fact that i will be spending my summer carrying a back pack bigger than me, eating warm tuna (ugh. i suffer from tuna trauma as it is) on a knee that predicts the next rainfall but doesn't work very well unless it's in a 150 degree Bikram yoga class??? dunno... wonder what lea, ricko, entropy, rishe have on their blogs maybe i should steal something clever from them.
actually,
what the hell.
i'm gonna go balance my check-book...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey congratulations! at least you have a checkbook to balance. hmm. so its mrs korf youre worried about now...do you think shes hiding the wmds? cuz i cant possibly think of any other reason u'd find her threatening:). as for the boys, they dont know how to read!!! besides, crassness in print doesnt amount to much, they tend to be more visually oriented:)ur personal diary? id probably read anyones given permission. personal diaries are never about what you ate for breakfast and you know that:). aha here comes last but not least audience-oriented. isnt that everyones downfall? yes youre supposed to be indifferent but if youre not, theres no use pretending is there? as for phantom of the opera, i found it to be a great dissapointment. so i probably wouldnt give you the score even if i had it:) tip: take a small backpack. everything you need should fit neatly in there. if it doesnt youre carrying WAY too much baggage. LIGHTEN UP.

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just skimmed through your blog and am looking forward to reading it in depth....lack of time at the current moment is keeping me from continuing. I follow that you will be doing some trek this summer-I have one tip: If you want to sleep well, bring a hard rope so that you can keep the train doors shut from intruders i.e. stealers! Sounds mad-but it's the best necessity. Blog about you're upcoming travels-perhaps it will inspire us to end up there too. Hey, you never know where your words may bring us-u might just have a gang of followers to every city you enter!

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That thing about the popsitckle sticks had me rolling on the floor!!!!

Anonymous :)

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That thing about the popsitckle sticks had me rolling on the floor!!!!

Anonymous :)

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like we all check the same blogs, and it all goes around in a circle.
(Although you are missing one or two...)

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bridgitte, you always have me rolling. and hin, if mrs korf has made it into this little (though ever so slowly expanding) blogosphere world, you definitely are ready for the trip. talk to nahama re. phantom of the opera... actually, not unless you're ready for a nice long haul. and dear, your da vinci code is sitting on my shelf, rusting in the hellish honolulu heat. will await you upon your return. seems i will just be missing you (and no, you and rose definitely do not want any tag along guests, so we shall meet again in new york god willing)...
sar

4:00 AM  
Blogger HindiK said...

well beunos dias amigos.
No, i fear no evil, not even Mrs. Korf :) It was a joke (slight insider too) for Rico. Strictly for Rico the Strandee. I am actually debating if Rose and I should keep our journey online. It kind of contradicts the point as we are trying to GET AWAY FROM EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING- why bring everyone with us? Still, life tends to be humourous and why not share the laughs? Anon #325 thanks for the rope tip. I've already been to Europe twice (alone actually in Italy and Prague-area) although not for half as long as I am going now- I carried almost nothing, ate like a bird and kept all important things (like passport, ID etc.) on my body. So we're cool. While we're on it- anyone got any tips pour mois? Such as any amazing concert hall in Vienna to check out? Or some fabulous market in Biartiz? Let me know...
hin

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you see the sex and the city where carrie is scared that her book will end up in the half off section....... NEVER buy those....

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home