Sunday, August 07, 2005

I have not forsaken my little smidge in cyberspace... just been a little occupato these days... In fact, today was visiting day (at least for Camp Emunah and BJJ Teen Camp). It was really nice to see everybody, Mooo, Ferkie, Sruly, Rose, Hudi, Peretz, Yummy and the usual multitude of couginos...

Lately I've realized that I have nothing to say. And I believe that when you have nothing to say there is no point littering empty words on the path of conversation.

So, instead of assuming my usual theatrical mantel (because to be honest- I am tired and not in the mood.) I'll just offer an short, unedited clip...very very unedited...very very rough draft...

"There are no clever adages or wise words of borrowed wisdom to begin this short piece with. Unfortunatley, not a single, graceful, elegant word to gently slope into an unplanned plot line...

Summer is by far the most random of seasons. These months of warm weather demand a giggling spontaneity- a childish seriousness in which everything is important, but nothing really matters. It's the great game of summer- playing in this great masquerade of carefreeness, a carefreeness that by definition is not care nor by any means free as each minute leads you closer to that fateful Labor Day (when officially all white linen things get tucked away for a more 'sensible' wardrobe) and a 'labouring' reality commences.

Overlooking my quiet lake, I find it filled noise and activity. Alive with pesky bugs, singing birds and the thick heady scent of flowers I do nothing. Absolutely nothing. I listen hard and attempt to find the stillness around me- a thick, pregnant quiet that slowly makes my mind into some form of maple syrup taffy. Slowly...it pushes the residue of the working year further into the mists of a vivid summer... stretches the cramped muscles for a sensual playground. I wait until it fades away...away...those imprints of time...dropping slowly into a blissful lethargy..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That discription of summer is making me sweat and feel utterly lazy as summer always does. For better or for worse, I haven't had a summer this year.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B'lev Echad, why do you even bother with a nome de guerre?

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be honest I just like the name.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay Hin
It's very hard for me to admit...I am hooked, stuck in this rut of checking your BLOG.... costantly. I love reading it, but clearly know this "old Mama" has no place reading "your world"!!!I almost wish you would go off again and travel somewhere interesting...so I can follow your trails. Its been a blast!!If I do visit again soon, I will be as quiet as a mouse...you know me...no opinions...believe it!!
Glad your back, enjoy Parksville, please water the plants and feed the ducks!!
MA

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home