Tuesday, June 21, 2005

12 hours until the Emerald Isle

i think it's time for an update- I've been feigning writer's block for too long.
(in my head for the past four days "that time of year thou mayst in me behold/
in me thou see'st the twilight of such day- as sunset fadeth in the west" a little Shakespeare sonnet about artistic death).
Tomorrow the big trip begins.... hard to describe what is floating in my mind right now. Lord knows i should be fast asleep, alas, the tension in my belly knots and twists. all that yoga breathing. voom! out the window.
this is the hard part. giving in to the abondon of the trip. succumbing to the spontaneity and even harder...trust that your gut will get you through 40 days and nights in foreign countries.
i wonder if i am trusting my intution to much.
i have to keep reminding myself that the appeal of this trip is the madness of it. the sheer youthful craziness and adult like responsibility that makes this trip worthwhile.
its adventure that takes trust. absolute trust in my partner, complete trust with my parents and most importantly a trust with myself.
as i grow more internal in my cyber meditation my room resembles a bizarre of junk. it's quite horrid. the only thing i am missing from the pile is a little chiawawa (as in the Taco bell dog) and a big straw hat...otherwise i think i got everything covered. incredible what paranoid Jewish mothers can convince you you will need (meet me in LaGuardia if youll be needing a 1000th packet of oatmeal or tuna). still, my parents are quite the bomb for both letting me and supporting me through this journey....(although my mother is convinced she must have lost her mind to allow this- of course it's my Dad- the closet Boheme that's totally in on this ;) )
so friends i leave you now-
perchance i'll come back to this blog tomorrow (flight time is at 3) or perchance not.
will try to keep this updated.
bon voyage.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"..trust that your gut will get you through 40 days and nights in foreign countries..."

Pun?

Have a great trip and be safe and happy!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hindi!

I have to read through the past month of your entries. I stopped just before finals began, and now I'm catching up (in some odd reverse chronological order, mind you).

I see you're leaving on a trip. It seems everyone is leaving, and I'm stuck in University day and night this summer finishing all my work by the years end...

I hope you have a safe, fun trip. Please keep your blog updated whilst you are away. I want to read all about your adventures and comment on them.

How did you do in our class by the way? I scored a pretty nice grade of A, mind you, totally undeserved, but if my time isn't worth an A, then what is?

Ok Hin, please be safe, and have fun. I'll be around here more often :-) Miss you tons, class is just not the same without you. It's really not. It was my final "real" semester of the college life, and it was people like you and Adam and so on that really gave it a nice college feel. That's something I won't be forgetting.

-Edmond

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlin, it's gonna be an incredible experience. It's easy for me to say - tg you've never seen me in my 'freakin out before a trip' mode - but try not to worry. Everything will work out, one way or another.
Are you gonna have a cell on your journey? Maybe I'll drive over to Paris or Ireland and meet you somewhere... Lemme know... esp. if you can squeeze England into your plans - it's boring here already.
I'll try call you, if not, have a good one. Ciao ciao, mon amie...

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the hard part? i was under the impression that thats the part youve been waiting for, the abandon, freedom, IRELAND. why do work so hard psyching urself into a frenzy of excitement for something youre so unsure about? i think spontaneity as per its definition, needs to be spontaneous. its either there or its not. its not something that can be cultivated. so if you are, you shouldnt worry, and if youre not, you should stay home:) that said im sure youll have a superb and hugely interesting trip. be well and i hope you find what youre looking for!!!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home