Tuesday, March 22, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO [niko pico]!!
(the blogess's only & baby sister- eek! 15!)
aww...it was only yesterday i was whistling in mrs. baras' bio class (acc. to moo frogs are still pickling) in my teflon uniform skirt (which is by the way flammable and made from the same substance as my mom's pots)... us mortals so subjected to space and time- literally victim (if we choose to view the issue as such) to the fluttering wings of Being. and yet for all the ephemerality of our youth (which is a matter of innocence not age)- we are so much more than that...thankfully. anywayz- hallelujah! midterms are over (last two were this morning) i am officially returning to the ways of the living (hmmm...). it's been quite busy lately (thankfully with good and sorta-good things) and i thought i'd share a yoga technique (cuz a few of you speak of repleated energies/focus/& most importantly control; and it helps me get by :) from an eclectic book of mine it's called 'pranayama' or breathing through the eyes...try it. it's better than caffeine (i've confirmed that). sample it out in a quiet place (no music. and no awkwardness of self :) once you get the jist of it you can do it anywhere from the midst of rush hour traffic to teaching your cutie piano student 'puff the magic dragon' :) now i'm off before i set off the rest of this stream of consiousness :) nighty night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hindy!
hello from my office chair, with the lovely view...of macys. this would be a perfect spot to spy on people... and do other things i guess. shame they didn't film oceans 12 in this office. moral question: should i have mentioned it to the director?
a very lovely man, circa age 71, was much distressed by my claim today of being tired. he said it's really anger and baggage. i'm just sleep deprived. so he started putting me into a meditative state, having me envision a clock in my mind. the point was for me to make up the sleep in those few minutes by various bizzare exercises. so after filling figures i saw with my eyes shut with whatever amount of water i figured would fit (?!), the minute hand started moving right along. not bad, eh? i thought so myself until i encountered a serious glitch in my meditative mechanism- the hour hand wouldn't budge. the minute hand was having a grand ol' time spinning around like a champion track runner (which it clearly isn't) and the hour hand was not moving.
i'm convinced now that i lost sleep.

a thought:
time is but conscious divisions of infinity.
he told me this also. he told me someone else told him. it would make sense that someone else told the other guy also. this could, theoretically, go on forever.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home