Monday, March 07, 2005

today was a whilrwind of a day (this is not a personal diary- so no need for details: )...it began with hyping my class for purim...what's there not to love? the candy gorge (24 hours granola free:), the fantastic story (wolf-man, suspended hands, women growing tails)... most of all teh kids like the dress-up (we're going with a blue hair theme)...my students and i have decided to put on a purim play set in modern times...vashti will be barbie (vanity), haman will be the evil dr. kropsi (stolen from my srul's 22 year old warped brain), esther is going to be super healthy (taking care of the soul) to the point she turns green, mordechai will be the local rabbi (always the stable focus)...its about rescuing gefilte fish (Jewish tradition/family custom) from the indomintable Ice Igloo Fortress (coldness toward Judaism) of the evil dr. kropsi....you get the idea, you're all cordially invited to watch Morah Indy lead her class on in the festive gala (ha ha), hope Greenwich will recover (maybe we'll just perform in the senior center:) took my bf Yudah bowling...he always beats me, i am truly the non-conventional athlete :) and now to tackle the paper pile... before i forget (yum- no. :)- i've been invited to give a reading at a word-art thing @ the states lounge (? gotta check the address) on April 19th....so helas :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Congrats Morah Indy on the landing of your word gig. Hope to see you a little further up the I-95 one of these days, for a weekend you won't forget. Ha ha. See you soon, mon pedagogue.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hin, Shabbat was awesome, I love your family, but cannot imagine what it must be like when it's NOT boring... :) Um, Sat night was a diff story, I hope you weren't traumatised and will hang out with me again... Still waiting for feedback...
Gotta work on Purim too, I LOVE your idea, but I don't know if it's right for my class. So any ideas that you think will meet Malkie's approval - fire away!
I'll be back later, you can run, you can hide but you can't escape my posts... :) Love Ya!

8:50 PM  
Blogger HindiK said...

o honey...it is not humanely possible to shock me :)charming notion though - and no i am not at all traumatized from spending the evening with you (i had fun believe it or not- besides their all in my play- walk on parts only jk:) i am here for you regardless (november rains and all)- i just hope (day and night) that what you do is truly you...cuz honey- you're in my thoughts and i worry (cuz i know the consequence) i'm sorry but i care too much to help it.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate your worrying, it means alot to me to know you care. As you can see, 'tis quite a situation I've gotten myself into... Anyway, I'm gonna post this so that I can see what you've got for me that's so good...

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorta confused about this word gig thing.
what exactly is it?
if i get clear on the details, maybe ill stop by.....
shall be home in three weeks from tommorow.

love

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home