Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I am attempting to recover from my amebic state of Tide bottles and avocado eating island princesses Jrs... Funny, I thought it had to do with the frequency of blogging, but it doesn't. In proper conditions I could write in a fury of words, when not, I can go day after day staring at a screen convincing myself that paper and pen are my most mortal enemies. I am so tempted to get lost in a write up on Hume and Miracles, but I am forcing myself to leave the philosophical discussions to other blogs. It is so easy to blog/talk endlessly about philosophy (should we do that?) and even more than that (at least for me), literature and music. While we are discussing the great caps word Art (I agree with Lee on this point- when capsed it is pointless as are many of the isms...) the Brooklyn Film Festival is going on now at the Brooklyn Musuem of Art, schedule appears to be very promising. I'll have to check it out and then get back to you all.

Today, as I was returning from the library (it's national Russian month again) there was this old man in a red Honda Civic cruising down Eastern Pkwy at 25 mph. Drivers, as they are all perpetually in CAPTAIN PLANET mode are in such a hurry, swerved right and left, waving their hands madly in the humid air. The old man was not outwardly moved by these reactions and stayed steadfast on his scenic pace. Somehow the old man in the banged up car, reminded me of all things summer: Jack White, cold lemonade, hammocks, and tire swings. I was transported to a place without honking traffic, smog murdering cars, and pollutious noise...then halted by the garrish red of the traffic light. When did everyone get so insane? Why do we allow ourselves to get caught up in the insanity of this convuluted Reality? Not only that, but if you are not in the rat-race you are incompetent and in sore lack there of. Ugh. What horribly messed up principles of life. I say this as an adult, someone who lives in the rat race, works in the rat race, it is so easy to get pulled into the vortex and forget... so easy to forget it all...

I hope el Nino is treating you all kind- it's impossible to stay cool- so I'm gonna go soak up the sun :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if this is you on a not so particularly enlightening, illuminating, or creative day... plenty of us are hopeless. at least you now know you can always resort to tide when you need some creative material. happy bday to mouss, but as far i recall, she has no rights to my title, just yet.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scouts honor...hmmm...

8:56 AM  
Blogger HindiK said...

Sar!
not mooo
your baby sister Rebecca
i had the pleasure to be with last night eating stale Aunt Gussies and what not :)

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, she definitely doesn't deserve any titles!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

National Russian month...Out of curiosity, who does Brooklyn Library celebrate in this month?

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surfin the web I came across these little tidbits, for all the rest of you google fans...... http://alan.blog-city.com/an_evening_with_googles_marissa_mayer.htm

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home