Tuesday, September 27, 2005

muchachas

Just so you all know... i am currently BatGirl.... or Catwoman.... or Supergirl...this totally depends on my emotional disposition at the moment... here's how my entry into superheroism happened.
I got a job...(well not a real 9-5 freakish sort of thing...that totallly impedes on my state of self being... it's volunteer, guess that not called a job? probably not...whatever i got a non-paying employee position) at the Superhero Supply Company on 5th avenue between 5th and 6th street. we sell everything you need for instant superherodom.

it's not very believable but I get to run around the store testing capes out for my loyal youngun trainee super heros (come visit i'm there 230-600 tues and thurs). i can' t believe things like this existed. it's like living in a freakin' comic book.

so in this wonderful world of artsy madness (hey it's parkslopeville) i am developing my invisibility powers. it's not going very well, yesterday, i tried walking thru walls for my eager audience and gave myself a minor concussion...way worse then the tuna bit.
so while i role play there's also another aspect of my superhero career.
if you walk thru the teleportive booth in the back you end up in 826 NYC (k, k, i really work there).

it's Dave Eggers place...826nyc.org In a nutshell its a literary art space for kids...it also happens to be my little piece of escapee heaven . seriously when i leave i'm in a depression...don't talk to me, don't call me, don't look my way or i'll zap you to college algebra class.
i don't care how pretensh that sounds, (ricko was that term of yesterday??)
it's awesome.
it rocks
and i am going to go kick some grammar butt.
miss Frizzle shall rule the universe.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what on earth are you talking about? is this some kind of insider joke?

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no. inside. outside.
what's the diff??
seirously
i work there...

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indy, what happened to your poem (if you'd call it that)? I kinda liked it, in a weird way. More on my level :)
Anyways, I'm back in England. It sucks. The wedding was awesome. Too short. I'm tired. I wanna quit my job. I need help. Must work out. Have course tonight, so night time to work out. C'est la vie. Why?
Ok, breaks over, so I have to stop. What a pity ;)
Ciao babe...

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops. Instead of 'night time to work out', read 'no time to work out'...

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as if !

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home