Thursday, November 03, 2005

another year...another post

Funniest twilight experience today. My friend Sabina was telling me about a reggae concert she went to and about this new singer she's currently obsessed about...turns out to be Mattisyahu. Talk about multiculturalism- such instances rock my world.
So it's my birthday today. I'm 20. I've officially shifted from an irresponsible teenager to an irresponsible adult. celebrated last night with a few friends which was really nice- its good to go out now and then to experience all that we read and write about.
so i'm currently reading teaching against global capitalism and the new imperialism this book is my Bible to hex blood sucking capitalists (as you'll notice my rage on their blogs).

i'm trying to prolong the eating of my fat free, sugar free, taste free muffin for as long as possible because i don't have food for the day. i've come to the conclusion that crumbs are purely psychological phenomenon.
sarah jessica parker is filming outside in front of the library for her new movie. she's got brown straight hair. Apparently our campus looks like a New England school. Amazing how you can manipulate image. and get this...the movie is about racism...how ironic is that???
I'm feeling a bit restless.
Life's becoming a bit too habitual for my liking.
It's infringing on my style.
a-typicality can become very typical.
i am still debating what programs to apply for grad school. Literacy specialization is what i want to go into but its such a specified field Yale doesn't even offer it. Problem is I am not a die-hard idealist. Still, some of my teachers are encouraging I pursue some academic career in English. Reading and writing are so intrinsicly a part of me, that living a life in their absence would put me on dialysis. Yet the thought of spending the rest of my life analyzing Milton and the works of other people is pathetic. Difference is important. Academic work must translate into real life and real time of it is a purely selfish endeavor.
Hmmm...
i'm ranting
i'm late for class again. And i actually love this one. French poetry of Baudelaire. I found the language soothing.
okay i'm out.
perchance i'll replace this with something more comic later.
namastaei friends. a cyber blessing to you all: may you have all the things you should wish for.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dovid said...

Mazal tov!!!!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hon!
I should think of something more witty, more personal, more... I dunno, but I'm too tired to think, so just feel special that I've posted.
May this year be the best yet.
Gros Bisous, mon amie...

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
AMERICAAAAAAAANNNNNNNAAAAAA
LALALALALLLALAALA

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home